27-11-2016, 02:18 PM
(This post was last modified: 27-11-2016, 02:23 PM by Murphyv310.)
Yes......... But only for an AC input or if the feedback resistor was DC coupled back the the valves grid.
On the positive half cycle of the input the anode will correspondingly have a negative half cycle and during that time the anode volts will drop and vice versa...... standard valve theory and behaviour.
If Rx (feedback resistor is DC coupled) then any rise in grid volts the Anode will drop this will be reflected back to the grid pulling it down and then the anode will rise. With the right values gain could approach zero if I'm not mistaken and we would have the perfect virtual earth circuit?
In Kalee's amp the fact he has put an RC network into the circuit will only effect the AC conditions of the amp giving different amounts of feedback at certain frequencies for the purposes of RIAA Equalisation, so in effect how can you call this a true virtual earth circuit.
Mark I understand the theory well enough but what I don't get is how this circuit can be called virtual earth?
On the positive half cycle of the input the anode will correspondingly have a negative half cycle and during that time the anode volts will drop and vice versa...... standard valve theory and behaviour.
If Rx (feedback resistor is DC coupled) then any rise in grid volts the Anode will drop this will be reflected back to the grid pulling it down and then the anode will rise. With the right values gain could approach zero if I'm not mistaken and we would have the perfect virtual earth circuit?
In Kalee's amp the fact he has put an RC network into the circuit will only effect the AC conditions of the amp giving different amounts of feedback at certain frequencies for the purposes of RIAA Equalisation, so in effect how can you call this a true virtual earth circuit.
Mark I understand the theory well enough but what I don't get is how this circuit can be called virtual earth?



Or maybe Video.





