At the risk of really setting the cat amongst the pigeons, I'd love to see a transistor set up there!
Why not? They are no less significant in the scheme of things - yes, there might have been a fair amount of dross - but some sets were really special - even UK ones. They might not have been quite the pieces of furniture that a large table set was, but think about the benefits of portability, just as the music scene was going through an amazing period of change no-doubt at least partly because of portable transistors...
It's a shame that most if not all of the vintage radio books are heavily biased (if not entirely devoted) towards valve sets. I feel we overlook transistors unfairly. Perhaps partly because a generation of valve engineers were reluctant to adapt to the new technology.
Personally, I'd go for a montage, with a range of UK sets - good and bad. Obviously, with a couple of Hackers in there!
But, if all that is to be summarily ignored, then how about a Hacker Mayflower RV14?
I was thinking about a montage myself Mark, It will be the basis of the final header, but may take me a couple of
weeks to implement, I am pretty busy at the mo, a Hacker or Roberts will be included, or even a Pam 710?