17-09-2016, 10:14 AM
I realise that this is an old post but couldn't resist a comment. I have a soft spot for these older laptops not least as the build quality in many seems so good. They have a solid and robust quality which I find quite appealing. Don't dismiss this old kit as unusable. I am replying to this on a Panasonic cf27 Toughbook which has very modest specifications (Pentium M at 266 Mhz with 256Mb ram and it is perfectly adequate for word processing and simple browsing on wifi no less. The answer is Linux. in my case I'm using Slitaz which is a 30Mb download.
In fact trying to get the best out of it is a hobby in itself. I don't necessarily recommend it as you can spend an awful lot of time trying to achieve something that you can do anyway. But then you could just buy a DAB radio and give up this valve lark.
In fact trying to get the best out of it is a hobby in itself. I don't necessarily recommend it as you can spend an awful lot of time trying to achieve something that you can do anyway. But then you could just buy a DAB radio and give up this valve lark.







