I think this one is as straightforward a design as you are likely to find Rob, of which many have been built:
http://www.vintage-radio.com/projects/ca...ormer.html
I built the one that was in Jun/July 2008 Radio Bygones, and later in the BVWS Bulletin, which is a little more involved. I wrote it up on this forum back in May 2011. You'll find the thread here:
http://golbornevintageradio.co.uk/forum/...hp?tid=620&highlight=Capacitor+Reformer
I've updated that thread to highlight the error in the original circuit as to the wiring of the digital panel meter and have also attached to the thread a diagram of the correct way to wire the meter so that it does not share a common ground with the rest of the circuitry. I've also added the link to the RS site where the MOSFET can be obtained, presently at a price of 67p + VAT etc. The price of the digital panel meter back in May 2011 was £6.69, but is presently only £4.69 post free.
The reformer has proved most useful and more than paid for itself.
Hope that helps a bit.
http://www.vintage-radio.com/projects/ca...ormer.html
I built the one that was in Jun/July 2008 Radio Bygones, and later in the BVWS Bulletin, which is a little more involved. I wrote it up on this forum back in May 2011. You'll find the thread here:
http://golbornevintageradio.co.uk/forum/...hp?tid=620&highlight=Capacitor+Reformer
I've updated that thread to highlight the error in the original circuit as to the wiring of the digital panel meter and have also attached to the thread a diagram of the correct way to wire the meter so that it does not share a common ground with the rest of the circuitry. I've also added the link to the RS site where the MOSFET can be obtained, presently at a price of 67p + VAT etc. The price of the digital panel meter back in May 2011 was £6.69, but is presently only £4.69 post free.
The reformer has proved most useful and more than paid for itself.
Hope that helps a bit.
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







