16-07-2013, 11:22 AM
(16-07-2013, 12:41 AM)dennishoy Wrote: I'm not sure oi this is unusual or not..... I'm about to restore an old 240Volt Kango demolition hammer of 1960s vintage. I already restored a 240Volt '750X' from the 1970s, but the gearbox casing failed. I saw a 110V '900' from the 1990s at my local house clearance auction and bought this for restoration. Unfortunately, that one is a later 110Volt type and I don't have a transformer... yet. The mains switch seems faulty (no click = no power). Another, earlier 1980s 240Volt '900' appeared in the auction last week, so I got that for spares, but ironically, it is the only one that works.
This little hobby has it's advantages in getting rid of the neighbours back indoors when I test one on a lump of concrete. It would be good to get them all working together.
I'm trying to decide whether I am a genuine 'enthusiast' of vintage electrical tools or a stupid, sad old git with nothing better to do with my time.
I don't think a vintage Kango will ever be able to make more noise than a post 1970 rotary lawn mower. If the truth be known the Kango may perhaps be a refreshing change to the sound of a Sunday afternoon in summer.







