Golborne Vintage Radio

Full Version: Anyways..What Are You Up Too
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Anyone got any interesting vintage projects on? what happened to Pauls AR88?
I'm getting radio withdrawal symptoms.

Lawrence.
I recently did up a Pye P78.

There wasn't much to do to the chassis, with only four or five caps to change, but somebody had previously painted the case (badly) with normal gloss so that needed stripping and re-spraying.

[attachment=8602][attachment=8603]

That was a couple of weeks ago and I've done damn all lately as it's too sodding hot. Sad

- Joe
The paint job fits in well Joe. I take it the radio is now all workie workie.

The heat, yes, what can one say, it's been relatively hot here as well though I think up country and the South East are suffering the worst. We are on the rabbit food tonight, with a chunk of hot bacon pie of course...

Lawrence.
Just googled the guff on that Pye Joe, a mains transformer jobie, a cool set as it were.

Lawrence.
Done nothing productive all week - been down in Gloucestershire having water fights with the 9 grandchildren! Just got back this afternoon to find that our neighbour has mulched and watered all our plants - lovely man. He's 20 years older than me and seems a damn sight fitter too. I've told him there's a full-time job going if he can exist on minimum wage.

Since we moved back to North Yorks a couple of years ago, I am so pleased at how civilised it all still is. Down in Gloucestershire, we weren't accepted by the locals even after living there for 19 years. They referred to us as the people who "lived in the big houses"!!!!! They weren't so big, only relatively modern and well maintained - unlike the locals who allowed their property to go into decline in a big way.

Might just start on another laptop repair - son has donated one that needs some TLC and I can already see it will be a simple but painstaking job.

Colin
My most recent is this old bridge Megger.
I can start a thread for it if there is an interest.
Hi,

Joe had only just painted the PYE P78 when Bron and recently visited. What a vast improvement Joe very well done its come up a treat.

I bet you haven't been working on your lathe given the heat?

Kind regards, Col.

Outside jobs - whilst the weather lets me: buildings, garden, etc. Kinda along the lines of 'making hay whilst the sun shines' - or in this case, read: timber, wood, paint, screws, things that shoot out of the ground, (there's not the slightest tinge of green to my fingers) and stone work, etc. And in that last category, before anyone asks, the unfinished rendering job is on hold: rendering a wall with mortar in this heat Sun is asking for trouble. Confused

But alas! I can hear the sad, lonesome wailings from a neglected soldering iron: I sure I can find a moment or two . . . . therapy and all that . . . However, it's so damn hot in the shack that that wailing might be coming from an overheated soldering iron . . even though it isn't plugged in! Dodgy

And on that subject of overheating, I need a beer . . .

Al.

(14-07-2013, 06:01 PM)Refugee Wrote: [ -> ]My most recent is this old bridge Megger.
I can start a thread for it if there is an interest.

That's a tidy unit, never really used a Megger, good for tracing line faults I would imagine.

Lawrence.
(14-07-2013, 06:00 PM)camallison Wrote: [ -> ]Since we moved back to North Yorks a couple of years ago, I am so pleased at how civilised it all still is. Down in Gloucestershire, we weren't accepted by the locals even after living there for 19 years. They referred to us as the people who "lived in the big houses"!!!!! They weren't so big, only relatively modern and well maintained - unlike the locals who allowed their property to go into decline in a big way.

A percieved tribalism maybe, everyones fault but theirs.

Lawrence.
Pages: 1 2 3 4