02-06-2012, 04:56 PM
OK, here it is in all its glory:-
Long-standing member may recall a few occasions when I've said I'd got a radiogram buried in a corner of my bedroom, the exhumation of which would be a hell of a job. I dug it out earlier and found it was both smaller and in better condition that I recalled.
It's a Pennine Amplifiers 'Scout' and has been stashed in that corner for the best part of twenty years. I'd hung onto it in the hope that one day I'd be able to do it up and that hour seems to have come.
On looking at the chassis I couldn't think what I'd been scarred of.
I knew it worked but wasn't very good. I woke it up through a 60W lamp and it worked quite well.
There doesn't seem to be any data on it but the valves are ECH35, 6K8GT, EBL31 and AZ31. First question is: Do short superhets have a 'That' capacitor?
Secondly, how old is it? I was told when I was given it that it had been bought in 1939 but it looks newer than that.
Finally, for now, I take it that trying to pull the 6K8GT out would not produce a happy result:-
I can't do much yet as the two most unhappy looking caps are 0.05 mfd ones and the DAC90a used the last I'd got. I'll get some ordered after the w/end.
- Joe
Long-standing member may recall a few occasions when I've said I'd got a radiogram buried in a corner of my bedroom, the exhumation of which would be a hell of a job. I dug it out earlier and found it was both smaller and in better condition that I recalled.
It's a Pennine Amplifiers 'Scout' and has been stashed in that corner for the best part of twenty years. I'd hung onto it in the hope that one day I'd be able to do it up and that hour seems to have come.
On looking at the chassis I couldn't think what I'd been scarred of.
I knew it worked but wasn't very good. I woke it up through a 60W lamp and it worked quite well.
There doesn't seem to be any data on it but the valves are ECH35, 6K8GT, EBL31 and AZ31. First question is: Do short superhets have a 'That' capacitor?
Secondly, how old is it? I was told when I was given it that it had been bought in 1939 but it looks newer than that.
Finally, for now, I take it that trying to pull the 6K8GT out would not produce a happy result:-
I can't do much yet as the two most unhappy looking caps are 0.05 mfd ones and the DAC90a used the last I'd got. I'll get some ordered after the w/end.
- Joe






