I'm sure this amazing site has been mentioned before, but not recently.
https://www.americanradiohistory.com/
There are lots of UK jornals and books available, all totally free of charge. Not only are they well scanned but they are also OCR'ed and full text searchable. Almost a full set of Wireless World is one of the many treasures to be found.
I was surprised to find 4 of the 5 volumes of Asa Briggs monumental BBC history. Also just happened upon "On Air, A History of BBC Tranmission"
https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Arc...ission.pdf
Books like this, valuable as references, are made even more valuable by having fully searchable text. I have the paper copies but being able to search them means that my first recourse will usually be to the scanned versions.
I'm sure the copyright position is a bit dubious on some of his scans but he plays fair by openly saying he will take down disputed material.
https://www.americanradiohistory.com/
There are lots of UK jornals and books available, all totally free of charge. Not only are they well scanned but they are also OCR'ed and full text searchable. Almost a full set of Wireless World is one of the many treasures to be found.
I was surprised to find 4 of the 5 volumes of Asa Briggs monumental BBC history. Also just happened upon "On Air, A History of BBC Tranmission"
https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Arc...ission.pdf
Books like this, valuable as references, are made even more valuable by having fully searchable text. I have the paper copies but being able to search them means that my first recourse will usually be to the scanned versions.
I'm sure the copyright position is a bit dubious on some of his scans but he plays fair by openly saying he will take down disputed material.
www.borinsky.co.uk Jeffrey Borinsky www.becg.tv







