02-02-2019, 11:30 PM
Dear All,
a Hedghog made me sign up here
Please allow me to introduce myself. I am an electrical engineer (telecommunications) and live near Frankfurt/Germany. My interest in radio and TV dates back to the 70's when I was about 12 years old. At that age my father had signed me up for a radio and TV repair course. Soon after completing it I got an old TV as a gift from my grandmother. It took me three weeks to get it back into working order -that was my first ever TV repair.
TV has been part of my whole professional life in one way or another. In my current Job I sell broadcast TV cameras and other equipment related to video. Collecting and repairing vintage radios and TVs is one of my hobbies, but I also collect more modern equipment like AM stereo receivers and tuners (mainly US models) from the 80's. For the latter I have designed a low power (10mW) AM stereo transmitter that uses the Motorola CQuAM system so I can listen to and demonstrate AM stereo.
Currently I am working on a project designing a 625 to 441 line standards converter using simple digital technology i.e. not FPGA based. Frank Cs project has, however, inspired me and made me think about learning FPGA design, so I started looking at VHDL tutorials online.
I am currently in the process of assembling a Hedghog. A 405 line TV will also find its way to Germany within this year...
Cheers
Semir
a Hedghog made me sign up here
Please allow me to introduce myself. I am an electrical engineer (telecommunications) and live near Frankfurt/Germany. My interest in radio and TV dates back to the 70's when I was about 12 years old. At that age my father had signed me up for a radio and TV repair course. Soon after completing it I got an old TV as a gift from my grandmother. It took me three weeks to get it back into working order -that was my first ever TV repair.TV has been part of my whole professional life in one way or another. In my current Job I sell broadcast TV cameras and other equipment related to video. Collecting and repairing vintage radios and TVs is one of my hobbies, but I also collect more modern equipment like AM stereo receivers and tuners (mainly US models) from the 80's. For the latter I have designed a low power (10mW) AM stereo transmitter that uses the Motorola CQuAM system so I can listen to and demonstrate AM stereo.
Currently I am working on a project designing a 625 to 441 line standards converter using simple digital technology i.e. not FPGA based. Frank Cs project has, however, inspired me and made me think about learning FPGA design, so I started looking at VHDL tutorials online.
I am currently in the process of assembling a Hedghog. A 405 line TV will also find its way to Germany within this year...
Cheers
Semir







