06-01-2019, 08:55 PM
Hi everyone. Thanks for accepting me onto the forum.
My name is Lynton a retired mechanical engineer. I got my amateur licence in the 80's and used to be quite active on both HF and VHF, but had to sell up due to an increasing family, and a house move.
Around 10 years ago I did treat myself to a 101ZD with matching ATU but it was a flash in the pan and I used it very little.
A few months ago I put a bid in on a well known auction site and won for a bargain price an FRG 7. It needed a bit of work but is now performing quite well when connected to my G5RV. I also have an old Hallicrafters Sky Champion which I would dearly like to restore to a working condition. To this end I started to collect some bits and pieces to try and effect this. During this process I was presented with a Philips B3G63A table radio, and with some help have managed to get it working. With the generosity of other like minded people several other valve sets have found their way into my small collection. They all need some work, but I will say that I am a complete novice at the restoration process and valve sets in particular, so apologies for any 'daft' questions I may have.
I live only a stones throw from Golborne and it would be nice to make the acquaintance of any locals.
I look forward to a successful continuation of this new hobby.
Regards Lynton G4XCQ
My name is Lynton a retired mechanical engineer. I got my amateur licence in the 80's and used to be quite active on both HF and VHF, but had to sell up due to an increasing family, and a house move.
Around 10 years ago I did treat myself to a 101ZD with matching ATU but it was a flash in the pan and I used it very little.
A few months ago I put a bid in on a well known auction site and won for a bargain price an FRG 7. It needed a bit of work but is now performing quite well when connected to my G5RV. I also have an old Hallicrafters Sky Champion which I would dearly like to restore to a working condition. To this end I started to collect some bits and pieces to try and effect this. During this process I was presented with a Philips B3G63A table radio, and with some help have managed to get it working. With the generosity of other like minded people several other valve sets have found their way into my small collection. They all need some work, but I will say that I am a complete novice at the restoration process and valve sets in particular, so apologies for any 'daft' questions I may have.
I live only a stones throw from Golborne and it would be nice to make the acquaintance of any locals.
I look forward to a successful continuation of this new hobby.
Regards Lynton G4XCQ







