05-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Hi All,
I've recent acquired a 0.25hp electric motor manufactured by the Small Electric Motors Ltd of Beckenham, Kent. It has a max speed of 1420rpm with a double pulley.
It does work and appears very smooth running for an old motor. It has one issue thought - when switched on, it will not start by its self put needs to be turned by hand. I've had a look at the wiring (! - not happy about some of the insulation tape thats been applied) but it doesn't have any form of cap which I assumed all AC motors need.
Can anyone help or guide here please??
Many thanks
Rob
I've recent acquired a 0.25hp electric motor manufactured by the Small Electric Motors Ltd of Beckenham, Kent. It has a max speed of 1420rpm with a double pulley.
It does work and appears very smooth running for an old motor. It has one issue thought - when switched on, it will not start by its self put needs to be turned by hand. I've had a look at the wiring (! - not happy about some of the insulation tape thats been applied) but it doesn't have any form of cap which I assumed all AC motors need.
Can anyone help or guide here please??
Many thanks
Rob
if all else fails...read the instructions!







