10-07-2023, 06:45 PM
I have huge stocks of components, gleaned from many sources over the years, some reputable, some not so.
Today I was modifying a Bush DAC90A and needed a 220uf capacitor. Drawer has plenty so I select a blue wrapped Philips electrolytic, Labelled 220 uT, 10v, 030K0 X4
I always test before fitting. Magic Chinese box says its a diode! A resistance check shows a reading in k ohms, more one way than the other. So I test all 4 that I have in stock and they are all the same, quite useless as capacitors.
Are these known to be rubbish?
Today I was modifying a Bush DAC90A and needed a 220uf capacitor. Drawer has plenty so I select a blue wrapped Philips electrolytic, Labelled 220 uT, 10v, 030K0 X4
I always test before fitting. Magic Chinese box says its a diode! A resistance check shows a reading in k ohms, more one way than the other. So I test all 4 that I have in stock and they are all the same, quite useless as capacitors.
Are these known to be rubbish?
Boater Sam.







