23-12-2015, 11:23 AM
That's a really fantastic set, Lawrence and I can appreciate the efforts which are going into your reverse engineering! It is the sort of receiver used in embassies the world over in the 1920s. I note that in the RF stages, the range switching is so arranged that there is never a shorted winding damping the others unlike the simple LW-SW switching of that era.
It reminds me of an ST&C Supersonic Heterodyne type 44004 from 1926 which I have. The set was specifically intended for FO type duties and was available with or without cabinet. I will upload the details to Radiomuseum in the near future as they have now corrected their entry for the Western Electric version of the set, the 4004, which was listed as a 44004. I have the curved labels which are positioned above each of the controls - but I can't find them at the moment
. The hole in the panel is for a two range meter which measures the two HT+ feeds. The valve are mostly WECO triodes in series/parallel on 4V LT.
It reminds me of an ST&C Supersonic Heterodyne type 44004 from 1926 which I have. The set was specifically intended for FO type duties and was available with or without cabinet. I will upload the details to Radiomuseum in the near future as they have now corrected their entry for the Western Electric version of the set, the 4004, which was listed as a 44004. I have the curved labels which are positioned above each of the controls - but I can't find them at the moment
. The hole in the panel is for a two range meter which measures the two HT+ feeds. The valve are mostly WECO triodes in series/parallel on 4V LT.
Cheers
Brian
My wide-band IF problems are no more - now I've got others!
Brian
My wide-band IF problems are no more - now I've got others!







