25-10-2020, 11:40 AM
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2020, 11:43 AM by Murphyv310.)
Totally agree with you Gary.
The issue today though I really believe is our insistence of wanting things on the cheap and expecting a great service. The other thing is the rubbish pay people get for hours and hours of running around like a madman to get all that work done for a pittance. Many couriers are tracked too.
I really felt sorry for a young woman who was delivering for amazon last year, she came to my door in tears and asked what was wrong, her van had broken down and it took two hours before she got back on the road and told me that if she didn't complete the deliveries by 9pm she'd get a disciplinary warning. Now that is not the way to treat people, one thing I can assure you is commonplace in the industry.
No doubt you see the risks many delivery drivers take on the road, the pressure these guys are under is enormous, all for the neversweat bosses to add to their massive salaries at the expense of those that actually work for the companies, ie the workers drivers and warehouse operatives.
The issue today though I really believe is our insistence of wanting things on the cheap and expecting a great service. The other thing is the rubbish pay people get for hours and hours of running around like a madman to get all that work done for a pittance. Many couriers are tracked too.
I really felt sorry for a young woman who was delivering for amazon last year, she came to my door in tears and asked what was wrong, her van had broken down and it took two hours before she got back on the road and told me that if she didn't complete the deliveries by 9pm she'd get a disciplinary warning. Now that is not the way to treat people, one thing I can assure you is commonplace in the industry.
No doubt you see the risks many delivery drivers take on the road, the pressure these guys are under is enormous, all for the neversweat bosses to add to their massive salaries at the expense of those that actually work for the companies, ie the workers drivers and warehouse operatives.







