09-10-2023, 10:34 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2023, 10:37 PM by DrStrangelove.)
As mentioned elsewhere on here, the first computer I "used" was a Computer Technology Modular One at Loughborough.
No disks.
Punch source on ASR33 onto tape, load compiler tape into Mod One, run compiler & read source, punch binary, load linker from tape, link binary with library, punch exe.
Load exe & see if it does anything sensible.
Rinse & repeat.
I think I did that twice then gave up until the Commodore Pet came along.
Amazingly enough I found the list of instructions for the above Mod One in a bunch of paperwork I'd retained for no very good reason since 1972.
Re punched cards I must have punched at least 50,000 or more while working at Siliconix since some of the ATE used card readers.
The Univac 1710 card punch was very reliable.
No disks.
Punch source on ASR33 onto tape, load compiler tape into Mod One, run compiler & read source, punch binary, load linker from tape, link binary with library, punch exe.
Load exe & see if it does anything sensible.
Rinse & repeat.
I think I did that twice then gave up until the Commodore Pet came along.
Amazingly enough I found the list of instructions for the above Mod One in a bunch of paperwork I'd retained for no very good reason since 1972.
Re punched cards I must have punched at least 50,000 or more while working at Siliconix since some of the ATE used card readers.
The Univac 1710 card punch was very reliable.







