10-08-2023, 08:53 AM
(09-08-2023, 09:42 PM)Paul_RK Wrote:(08-08-2023, 11:11 AM)boater sam Wrote: Looks to be an early Mk1 type with the basket weave speaker grills on both sides.Sounds curious, I've seen an awful lot of Sky Queens in my time but nary a one without an expanded metal front grille. I'm wondering whether whoever put in the battery eliminator changed the grille to non-metallic as a safety measure: and maybe rewired the set for the DL92 as a fix for the eliminator delivering a tad too much LT.
Paul
Front and back speaker type grills are the same heavy fabric basket weave similar to the Goblin Time Spot material. Definitely original, stapled and glued in.
The more I look at the components and wiring to the valve bases the more certain I am that this is all original.
There is a loop of thin insulated wire on the DL92 valve base between pins 2 and 6 which is the same wire but green instead of blue that is used elsewhere in the set. This would never have been there if it was wired for a DL96 as pin 6 is the signal grid.
Boater Sam.







