04-07-2023, 11:51 AM
I'm in the fortunate position of being able to do hoarding by proxy. We have over 25,000 sq ft of floor area at the Broadcast Engineering Museum and it's getting smaller all the time. People give us stuff and it's hard to say no. I've shifted a certain amount of my own stuff up there. For example all those technical manuals that I was keeping because I couldn't bear to chuck them out now have a legitimate home.
I've seen real hoarding at first hand. About 10 years ago I helped to clear the house that had belonged to an old friend's parents since the early 1950s. It had always been a bit cluttered when I knew it in my childhood but his widowed mother had made it almost impossible. She died and we had to clear things out. We had to do some of the sorting carefully because among all the 1970s electricity bills and suchlike we would find important documents relating to escape from nazi Germany. Terrifying documents with the eagle and swastika. They are now in a relevant archive.
I've seen real hoarding at first hand. About 10 years ago I helped to clear the house that had belonged to an old friend's parents since the early 1950s. It had always been a bit cluttered when I knew it in my childhood but his widowed mother had made it almost impossible. She died and we had to clear things out. We had to do some of the sorting carefully because among all the 1970s electricity bills and suchlike we would find important documents relating to escape from nazi Germany. Terrifying documents with the eagle and swastika. They are now in a relevant archive.
www.borinsky.co.uk Jeffrey Borinsky www.becg.tv







