14-06-2022, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the information.
The valves I think I am using (Much of the shield coating has fallen off) are 210HL and a HL210, different makers and specs, the 210HL as the 1st valve being regen and detector this valve came out around 1931. The HL210 is just 0.5 mA down to -7 V on the grid and at 3mA at -3 Volts which is what I have the GB battery set to. The HL210 seems to be dated from 1929.
I have looked on Ebay at the horn type speakers and what i can find available in the transformers but I am seeing some real stupid prices.
The other thing I could try is getting some High impedance headphones, and try to build a paper mache cone, but that is a lot of work for a temp project that will probably be taken apart after. All the headphones I have are low impedance DLR types.
I will have a look through what small transformers i have left or if I have any spare laminations and bobbins, I will see what the voltage swing is on the audio output valve and take things from there.
Cheers
Adrian
The valves I think I am using (Much of the shield coating has fallen off) are 210HL and a HL210, different makers and specs, the 210HL as the 1st valve being regen and detector this valve came out around 1931. The HL210 is just 0.5 mA down to -7 V on the grid and at 3mA at -3 Volts which is what I have the GB battery set to. The HL210 seems to be dated from 1929.
I have looked on Ebay at the horn type speakers and what i can find available in the transformers but I am seeing some real stupid prices.
The other thing I could try is getting some High impedance headphones, and try to build a paper mache cone, but that is a lot of work for a temp project that will probably be taken apart after. All the headphones I have are low impedance DLR types.
I will have a look through what small transformers i have left or if I have any spare laminations and bobbins, I will see what the voltage swing is on the audio output valve and take things from there.
Cheers
Adrian
Learning as I go!
Youtube EF91 Valve
Youtube EF91 Valve







