14-06-2022, 10:46 AM
I guess Ed would know better than me as he must have rewound a few audio transformers for many sets, but for example
I have an audio output from a Vidor picnic radio it uses a DL96 which has a range of Ra 13 to 15 K Ohms and a 3 ohm speech coil so I would expect a ratio of SQRT(14000/3) approx 68:1 ratio, but that seems high?
From reading a spec sheet I get the impression that an ECL86 will be between 7 to 10 K Ohms as a single ended class A amp and to a 3 Ohm coil would be a 53:1 ratio.
These all seem to be high to me so was wondering what they actually were?
Adrian
I have an audio output from a Vidor picnic radio it uses a DL96 which has a range of Ra 13 to 15 K Ohms and a 3 ohm speech coil so I would expect a ratio of SQRT(14000/3) approx 68:1 ratio, but that seems high?
From reading a spec sheet I get the impression that an ECL86 will be between 7 to 10 K Ohms as a single ended class A amp and to a 3 Ohm coil would be a 53:1 ratio.
These all seem to be high to me so was wondering what they actually were?
Adrian
Learning as I go!
Youtube EF91 Valve
Youtube EF91 Valve







