14-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Thats correct Rob, they were specifically produced for schools. What I find so appealing about Clark & Smith stuff is the superb build quality and the history of the company is fascinating. Then of course, I'm of the generation when Clark & Smith equipment was seen in all state schools and I recall various experiences of it in actual use as I progressed through my school years, although at the time I had no idea of the make or it's significance.
Although in use it's slightly unorthodox as it's specialised for educational purposes, the actual performance is excellent. For example, one unit I have is FM only with 3 preset stations selected by a rotary switch. This was obviously to provide the teacher with rapid operation instead of having to tune into the required station in a lesson.
What I really would like to acquire is one of their record player units, very rare !! The rarest though are the TV units, I've never actually seen one or heard of one for sale.
Although in use it's slightly unorthodox as it's specialised for educational purposes, the actual performance is excellent. For example, one unit I have is FM only with 3 preset stations selected by a rotary switch. This was obviously to provide the teacher with rapid operation instead of having to tune into the required station in a lesson.
What I really would like to acquire is one of their record player units, very rare !! The rarest though are the TV units, I've never actually seen one or heard of one for sale.






