27-10-2021, 10:18 PM
Hello Frank.
When I worked out how many turns and layers I was putting on I thought I would have a couple of mm spare, either my layers of tape between the layers is more than I guessed or my winding is not side by side and even, I tend to know that is the case as with a hand winder I feed the wire across by hand. I will see how it works at the end, that will be the main thing, it's all guesswork by me magnetism and Inductance is magic!
Trevor.
The reason for using a coil was when I started this I did not have a magnetic focusing unit, at the time i was trying replicate a focusing coil as mentioned in the spec sheets. I have got a magnet one since, but now like the idea of using the coil. It could means I can have a simple 'Pot' on the front panel to tweak focus on the monitor if I get that far down the line that stage. Possibly wind a small 50 volt winding on a transformer at 100mA and drive the focus coil with that its only 5 watts. If I do need more space for the deflection coils then I may need to go magnetic as it is a shallower unit.
Adrian
When I worked out how many turns and layers I was putting on I thought I would have a couple of mm spare, either my layers of tape between the layers is more than I guessed or my winding is not side by side and even, I tend to know that is the case as with a hand winder I feed the wire across by hand. I will see how it works at the end, that will be the main thing, it's all guesswork by me magnetism and Inductance is magic!
Trevor.
The reason for using a coil was when I started this I did not have a magnetic focusing unit, at the time i was trying replicate a focusing coil as mentioned in the spec sheets. I have got a magnet one since, but now like the idea of using the coil. It could means I can have a simple 'Pot' on the front panel to tweak focus on the monitor if I get that far down the line that stage. Possibly wind a small 50 volt winding on a transformer at 100mA and drive the focus coil with that its only 5 watts. If I do need more space for the deflection coils then I may need to go magnetic as it is a shallower unit.
Adrian
Learning as I go!
Youtube EF91 Valve
Youtube EF91 Valve







