12-09-2021, 07:52 PM
Hi
In addition to my earlier post. When it comes to line drive for a swap to different coils most issues can be resolved by working out or selecting the coupling cap to the scan coils (S correction cap) non linearity will be reduced with careful selection.
I've never had an issue with substituting any "wrong"coils in the frame circuit even by fitting modern ones in a valve set.
I've also tried a 14 inch CRT and coils from a Thorn 1590 portable to the TV22 and it works perfectly with absolutely no component changes, the LOPT like I say is from a 60s Thorn 950 valve set.
In addition to my earlier post. When it comes to line drive for a swap to different coils most issues can be resolved by working out or selecting the coupling cap to the scan coils (S correction cap) non linearity will be reduced with careful selection.
I've never had an issue with substituting any "wrong"coils in the frame circuit even by fitting modern ones in a valve set.
I've also tried a 14 inch CRT and coils from a Thorn 1590 portable to the TV22 and it works perfectly with absolutely no component changes, the LOPT like I say is from a 60s Thorn 950 valve set.






