Well after a bit of time I got the core back together and moving free in the core, but it has made no difference. I went through the static tuning the best I could, L13 is not peaking but gives a better response to 17.75 MHz when fully in, looking at the circuit I am not sure what it is meant to resonate with as I see no cap associated with L13. It was previously fully in the core and I think it had locked in place over time for it to break when I tried to wind the core back out . 
On the Striations I will admit to believing it is not that, the book I mentioned before has the same picture as shown by Freya, different page layout and it suggests that it would be worse on the left hand side and disappearing as the dot moved to the right, to be started again by flyback etc. As I see mine as being even across the screen I have basically thought to myself the line timebase is OK?
The next step for me would be to lift the earth on my scope and connect up, But I will admit that is something I am loathe to do, but guess I will have to.
I may just try something with the Hedghog first, as in power it from a battery just to make sure the PSU I am using is not putting any noise on the output. I am finding the tones quite noisy from the Hedghog and it all goes quiet when I turn the test card off. So think I need to eliminate that and then bring the TV into my room with the PC and try with the Hacktv signal.
Adrian
test card not tones.

On the Striations I will admit to believing it is not that, the book I mentioned before has the same picture as shown by Freya, different page layout and it suggests that it would be worse on the left hand side and disappearing as the dot moved to the right, to be started again by flyback etc. As I see mine as being even across the screen I have basically thought to myself the line timebase is OK?
The next step for me would be to lift the earth on my scope and connect up, But I will admit that is something I am loathe to do, but guess I will have to.
I may just try something with the Hedghog first, as in power it from a battery just to make sure the PSU I am using is not putting any noise on the output. I am finding the tones quite noisy from the Hedghog and it all goes quiet when I turn the test card off. So think I need to eliminate that and then bring the TV into my room with the PC and try with the Hacktv signal.
Adrian
test card not tones.
Learning as I go!
Youtube EF91 Valve
Youtube EF91 Valve







