OK bit of a delay in coming back to the thread, I seem to have lost what I was going to post earlier, so just decided to spend some time trying something out.
My freeview box as I mentioned has no USB stick input and I will be receiving a Labgear CM7091 pattern generator probably next week although working condition and even if it gives composite video out I do not know? If anyone has a manual for the unit in pdf I would be grateful for the assistance.
When I tried to do the alignment I used a IFR COM120B radio test it is fully synthesized so very stable I can not remember now if the last attempt was as per the service manual or as a spectrum analyser to set the IF response to what I could see, it was some time ago, but I am sure I went through both methods, perhaps I will try again with the static. I could not remember getting a good indication on the AVO, perhaps I did something wrong?
I spent a bit of time reading a book called 'Correcting Television picture faults'. This is a book that was recommended as it explains some of the terms used to describe faults on TV, so gave me a bit more insight to what people were meaning.
Lastly while I await things to arrive I have made a video which is just Black/White/Black screen with a 1 KHz tone, this I can put through hacktv and my hackrf-one to generate a test signal.
I used a package called Kdenlive in Linux to generate a 30 minute video and have it playing through my SONY 9-90 UB at the moment. Looks like I could generate various test signals with Kdenlive but it takes me some time to do.
I will have another go at static tuning the vision IF's, I need to make up a small 1K resistor to miniature clips if I can, it would save a lot of soldering. Oh such fun
Adrian
My freeview box as I mentioned has no USB stick input and I will be receiving a Labgear CM7091 pattern generator probably next week although working condition and even if it gives composite video out I do not know? If anyone has a manual for the unit in pdf I would be grateful for the assistance.
When I tried to do the alignment I used a IFR COM120B radio test it is fully synthesized so very stable I can not remember now if the last attempt was as per the service manual or as a spectrum analyser to set the IF response to what I could see, it was some time ago, but I am sure I went through both methods, perhaps I will try again with the static. I could not remember getting a good indication on the AVO, perhaps I did something wrong?
I spent a bit of time reading a book called 'Correcting Television picture faults'. This is a book that was recommended as it explains some of the terms used to describe faults on TV, so gave me a bit more insight to what people were meaning.
Lastly while I await things to arrive I have made a video which is just Black/White/Black screen with a 1 KHz tone, this I can put through hacktv and my hackrf-one to generate a test signal.
I used a package called Kdenlive in Linux to generate a 30 minute video and have it playing through my SONY 9-90 UB at the moment. Looks like I could generate various test signals with Kdenlive but it takes me some time to do.
I will have another go at static tuning the vision IF's, I need to make up a small 1K resistor to miniature clips if I can, it would save a lot of soldering. Oh such fun

Adrian
Learning as I go!
Youtube EF91 Valve
Youtube EF91 Valve







