18-06-2021, 12:31 PM
Looks like i missed the odd email notification, not a problem.
I should have the pattern gen sometime next week, just hope it works, the freeview box I use an old Goodmans DB5 does not have USB input. OK on lifting the earth on my scope it is something I may have to do but not something I like, my old HP182 framed 4 channel ,100MHz scope could do with replacing as it is rather large.
I have a problem on the TV today, looks like a problem with the ballast resistor either a joint or a wire break, the part number was Z8829 and is 20, 20, 60, 60, Ohms. The sheet does not give a wattage so if anyone can recommend what size fixed resistors I need to get, looks like I may need to replace the last section of it, it is in a general bad way as there are already many resistors hanging from it.
There is another resistor which is 350 Ohm at 5 Watt wire wound which is described as a Brimistor shunt, I assume that is still a standard resistor for the Brimistor or Varite X1.
Time to pull the chassis out of the case again and try and sort this.
Adrian
I should have the pattern gen sometime next week, just hope it works, the freeview box I use an old Goodmans DB5 does not have USB input. OK on lifting the earth on my scope it is something I may have to do but not something I like, my old HP182 framed 4 channel ,100MHz scope could do with replacing as it is rather large.
I have a problem on the TV today, looks like a problem with the ballast resistor either a joint or a wire break, the part number was Z8829 and is 20, 20, 60, 60, Ohms. The sheet does not give a wattage so if anyone can recommend what size fixed resistors I need to get, looks like I may need to replace the last section of it, it is in a general bad way as there are already many resistors hanging from it.
There is another resistor which is 350 Ohm at 5 Watt wire wound which is described as a Brimistor shunt, I assume that is still a standard resistor for the Brimistor or Varite X1.
Time to pull the chassis out of the case again and try and sort this.
Adrian
Learning as I go!
Youtube EF91 Valve
Youtube EF91 Valve







