04-05-2021, 10:41 AM
Comments much appreciated.
I should have realised that these were 'budget' made equipment and wouldn't have used expensive components. Perhaps its because I dont use ceramic caps that much (if at all) that I didn't spot thats what these were. I looked up Lemco caps and instantly thought these were silver micas albeit that in agreement with Jeffreys comments about them being square/rectangular in shape this is what I found when I had a look at my old RS 'S' Mica caps so I did feel highly confused. They also seemed to be far too big as well.
This is why I like this forum - you will get good answers to questions asked. Again, thanks for your valuable replies.

I should have realised that these were 'budget' made equipment and wouldn't have used expensive components. Perhaps its because I dont use ceramic caps that much (if at all) that I didn't spot thats what these were. I looked up Lemco caps and instantly thought these were silver micas albeit that in agreement with Jeffreys comments about them being square/rectangular in shape this is what I found when I had a look at my old RS 'S' Mica caps so I did feel highly confused. They also seemed to be far too big as well.
This is why I like this forum - you will get good answers to questions asked. Again, thanks for your valuable replies.

if all else fails...read the instructions!







