03-05-2021, 11:09 AM
Hi Garry
Well done on getting it on.
When fitting this sort of door seal. I would place the spring at the 9 o clock position. If I hadn't anything that would fit into the spring eyelet so I could pull down on it. I would use a pliers to grip it and pull down on the spring while at the same time use a well used (rounded edges from use) flat blade screwdriver to carefully leaver the last part of the wire into place.
There can be a huge variation on the spring strengths on these wires. Some are so weak that they can be easily fitted by hand without the need for any tools. Others as you have found out can be right pigs.
The spring strength seams to vary according to how well the lip grips the seal. I think the most lightly time the seal may come off is while the machine is been loaded. The clothes might drag on the seal and pull it off.
Frank
Well done on getting it on.
When fitting this sort of door seal. I would place the spring at the 9 o clock position. If I hadn't anything that would fit into the spring eyelet so I could pull down on it. I would use a pliers to grip it and pull down on the spring while at the same time use a well used (rounded edges from use) flat blade screwdriver to carefully leaver the last part of the wire into place.
There can be a huge variation on the spring strengths on these wires. Some are so weak that they can be easily fitted by hand without the need for any tools. Others as you have found out can be right pigs.
The spring strength seams to vary according to how well the lip grips the seal. I think the most lightly time the seal may come off is while the machine is been loaded. The clothes might drag on the seal and pull it off.
Frank







