03-05-2021, 10:08 AM
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2021, 10:16 AM by Radio Fixer.)
Wouldnt have thought of the cord and foot pressure. By hand the spring is so strong the cord would just slice into it.
But the hook tool is supposed to make it possible but it just pulled out the eyelet that the spring is attached to. So I had to take off the ring and reshape and clench it but still no good. The hook tool is too large a diameter to go thru the spring eye.
Anyway so far so good.
I wondered why they used such a strong spring? and could only think it was to put DIY guys off doing their own repairs . Its purpose must be to stop the seal pulling off if the door is left shut for long periods and the two 'stick' together.
thanks (may try the cord / foot method if I get leaks) Gary
But the hook tool is supposed to make it possible but it just pulled out the eyelet that the spring is attached to. So I had to take off the ring and reshape and clench it but still no good. The hook tool is too large a diameter to go thru the spring eye.
Anyway so far so good.
I wondered why they used such a strong spring? and could only think it was to put DIY guys off doing their own repairs . Its purpose must be to stop the seal pulling off if the door is left shut for long periods and the two 'stick' together.
thanks (may try the cord / foot method if I get leaks) Gary







