07-06-2011, 11:45 AM
(07-06-2011, 09:11 AM)ThePillenwerfer Wrote: I'm going to be re-capping a DAC90a today. The only trouble is my soldering iron element's bust so I'll be on the gas one. It should be interesting to see how it goes as on full belt it's supposed to be the equivalent of 60W.
All the best
- Joe
Don't forget that it's much easier and neater to recap a DAC90A if - having clipped off the old caps one at a time, (rather than unsoldering them), making careful note of which tags you clipped them from - the 'spare' tags are then used for the new caps. The tags are all 'twinned' so you can then bend up the unused tags on the tagboard and solder you new cap to each spare tag. I've mentioned this before but perhaps it won't come amiss to add the pics again to illustrate what I mean. One pic shows how I used to do it until the penny dropped about the spare tags - the other pic shows the spare tags bent up with the new caps soldered to them.
Hope that helps.
Best of luck with the re-capping Joe!
David







