30-10-2020, 08:30 PM
I've just sent a package from me in London to Rod in Cornwall by ordinary RM 2nd class. Posted on Weds, arrived today. Much as you'd expect.
Incidentally, RM Special Delivery Guaranteed Next Day by 1pm (the clue is in the name of the service) is now only guaranteed to arrive by 4pm.
I sent 2 packages by RM on Wednesday morning. One to Rod and the other was SD 1pm. I used the online "send an item" service to pay and print mailing labels: https://send.royalmail.com/ No account needed, just pay by card as you go. I could have tried the new parcel collection service but my PO is only 10 minutes walk and I was lucky enough not to need to queue. For some categories, mainly parcels I think, the postage is slightly cheaper if you use "send an item" than if you buy stamps. I suppose it helps Royal Mail to have fully machine readable info on the parcel.
Incidentally, RM Special Delivery Guaranteed Next Day by 1pm (the clue is in the name of the service) is now only guaranteed to arrive by 4pm.
I sent 2 packages by RM on Wednesday morning. One to Rod and the other was SD 1pm. I used the online "send an item" service to pay and print mailing labels: https://send.royalmail.com/ No account needed, just pay by card as you go. I could have tried the new parcel collection service but my PO is only 10 minutes walk and I was lucky enough not to need to queue. For some categories, mainly parcels I think, the postage is slightly cheaper if you use "send an item" than if you buy stamps. I suppose it helps Royal Mail to have fully machine readable info on the parcel.
www.borinsky.co.uk Jeffrey Borinsky www.becg.tv







