30-10-2020, 07:35 PM
I have always had good service from Hermes, both sending and receiving, but recently, paid for a package to be collected from a residential address. This did not happen so the sender dlivered the parcel to his local parcel shop, it was then, quite quickly, safely delivered to me.
I contacted Hermes to ask for a refund of the fee which I had paid for the collection; more as a matter of principle as it was less than £2.
This is the reply which I received, today, after a reminder to them that I had not received a reply to my initial complaint:
"Thank you for emailing us at Hermes.
I am sorry that you have not received the parcel and for the delay in response.
If you are still disputing the delivery after an outcome received from our support team we deem this as lost. I understand that you are unhappy with our service. I understand that this is not the service that you were expecting.
I request you to please contact the retailer for replacement or refund.
I apologise on behalf of Hermes for the inconvenience this has caused.
Kind regards,"
I thought that you might be amused by this. I have replied and will continue to use Hermes but wonder what I would do if they had lost a valuable item.
Rod
I contacted Hermes to ask for a refund of the fee which I had paid for the collection; more as a matter of principle as it was less than £2.
This is the reply which I received, today, after a reminder to them that I had not received a reply to my initial complaint:
"Thank you for emailing us at Hermes.
I am sorry that you have not received the parcel and for the delay in response.
If you are still disputing the delivery after an outcome received from our support team we deem this as lost. I understand that you are unhappy with our service. I understand that this is not the service that you were expecting.
I request you to please contact the retailer for replacement or refund.
I apologise on behalf of Hermes for the inconvenience this has caused.
Kind regards,"
I thought that you might be amused by this. I have replied and will continue to use Hermes but wonder what I would do if they had lost a valuable item.
Rod







