28-10-2020, 10:28 AM
Recently had an Ultra U930 delivered that had suffered the consequences of a determined courier, I shall mention no names but its to do with a Greek god, enough said!
The case had been smashed into about 3 large pieces with numerous shattered parts still in the packaging.
The waveband switch had been the point of impact shoving it at least 3/4 on an inch into the chassis.
Luckily the wafer switches have survived, just.
I bought the radio as the case was exceptionally good, now its looking OK having been pieced back together & filled where needed.
It'll need to be sprayed to finish it off though.
Still, it could have been worse. The packaging was, I felt, more than adequate but you can't keep a determined courier down can you?
The case had been smashed into about 3 large pieces with numerous shattered parts still in the packaging.
The waveband switch had been the point of impact shoving it at least 3/4 on an inch into the chassis.
Luckily the wafer switches have survived, just.
I bought the radio as the case was exceptionally good, now its looking OK having been pieced back together & filled where needed.
It'll need to be sprayed to finish it off though.
Still, it could have been worse. The packaging was, I felt, more than adequate but you can't keep a determined courier down can you?







