Here is an example of how NOT to pack a radio, I am not even sure it was actually 2 boxes, possibly more like a large box cut down. There should have been at least 2 inches of packaging between the 2 boxes. But even then I accept that it is very difficult to guarantee a radio with a large dial glass getting there in one piece. Dial glasses on my KB radios tend to be held in place with just a few clips along the long edges.
In the case of this parcel I believe the main cause of the broken dial was the bubbles placed on the dial and the lump this caused in the outer box, something heavy probably placed on the box could push the bubbles onto the glass causing it to flex and break.
But the parcel did obviously have some very rough treatment because even the tuning capacitor was broken.
Below is the artwork I drew for a new dial but lost interest and never completed the dial, instead I kept the radio with glued dial
NEW_DIAL_FOR_KB_FR11_ARTWORK.pdf (Size: 30.6 KB / Downloads: 6)
Its a pity really, the radio is probably very rare, being an all battery farm receiver.
Mike
In the case of this parcel I believe the main cause of the broken dial was the bubbles placed on the dial and the lump this caused in the outer box, something heavy probably placed on the box could push the bubbles onto the glass causing it to flex and break.
But the parcel did obviously have some very rough treatment because even the tuning capacitor was broken.
Below is the artwork I drew for a new dial but lost interest and never completed the dial, instead I kept the radio with glued dial
NEW_DIAL_FOR_KB_FR11_ARTWORK.pdf (Size: 30.6 KB / Downloads: 6)
Its a pity really, the radio is probably very rare, being an all battery farm receiver.
Mike






