12-09-2020, 03:45 PM
Hi.
After really good progress today, a few caps in positions that could increase anode current in following stages were replaced. The RF gain pot was replaced as it was open circuit, literally as the wiper was long gone. I was rewarded with good sound and a weak unlocked picture for about a minute then it faded away.
I had a bad feeling and my gut was right the EHT transformer has failed.
This is a known issue and these transformers are sealed and definitely contain a PCB oil.
I dont have a spare one so will need to try and find one or come up with another answer.
After really good progress today, a few caps in positions that could increase anode current in following stages were replaced. The RF gain pot was replaced as it was open circuit, literally as the wiper was long gone. I was rewarded with good sound and a weak unlocked picture for about a minute then it faded away.
I had a bad feeling and my gut was right the EHT transformer has failed.
This is a known issue and these transformers are sealed and definitely contain a PCB oil.
I dont have a spare one so will need to try and find one or come up with another answer.






