15-08-2020, 01:46 PM
(15-08-2020, 01:18 PM)Murphyv310 Wrote: Surprised though Sam.So was I !! Pam being Pye of course there will be similarities.
This same circuit is used on some AM Pye sets too. I've one in the shed now and as I say the output winding was oc the smoothing was OK and there was nothing at all from the speaker. Zero anode volts and no not a trace of audio.
It threw me completely, it was almost usable as it was. I wasn't until I measured the EL84 anode voltage and found 3 volts that I realised that the winding was open. The hum cancelling part rectifier to HT line is intact. The odd thing was the cathode volts being so near to spec, the screen grid was making a very good anode! I suppose around 28mA through the secondary would produce a bit of speaker drive.
Swapping the transformer restored it completely.
Boater Sam.







