26-07-2020, 09:22 AM
The LO coils use very fine enamel wire with a thread covering. The enamel doesn't solder, so very gentle application of fine wet&dry paper needed.
The coil in the model under restoration has THREE snapped wires. No slack! The coil from the "scrap" chassis might have more than two also, but the base mount needs glued; it's got a crack.
I've continuity now. Next I'll measure the inductances of the four coils that make up the two transformers. The upper coil wires are very short, eek!
But I need a break after staring into the magnifying lamp. I need one with a warm air flow. Had to keep stopping and wiping off condensed breath.
The coil in the model under restoration has THREE snapped wires. No slack! The coil from the "scrap" chassis might have more than two also, but the base mount needs glued; it's got a crack.
I've continuity now. Next I'll measure the inductances of the four coils that make up the two transformers. The upper coil wires are very short, eek!
But I need a break after staring into the magnifying lamp. I need one with a warm air flow. Had to keep stopping and wiping off condensed breath.







