22-07-2020, 10:14 PM
(This post was last modified: 22-07-2020, 10:15 PM by Mike Watterson.)
(22-07-2020, 08:59 PM)Murphyv310 Wrote: I've a mains battery Rhapsody here that was always deaf and a bit hummy on mains. Left it for years so perhaps will give it a go once I get the other things off the bench.At least those have approximate circuits. Mike/Crackle will tell us how many variations. I've cream one that had a faulty mains/battery switch which is like relay contacts. It's working well when I finished.
I've a second that Mike & I think is a home made case (RGD badge). It's quite a different version of the family. I've just lifted it off the top of the bookcase.
Had it years now and not restored it. Two pin (flat) cable socket missing. It looks like it takes different batteries and maybe has an aerial socket. The battery compartment had an unopened pack of tissues styled like $100 bills.
115, 200, 220 and 240V mains selector.
Insanely complex mains/battery switch so perhaps it switches from 7.5V (probably 6.4V to 7V really) series to 1.5V parallel.
Selenium rectifier with only one wire?







