20-07-2020, 08:54 AM
Maybe a PP11 or 2 x 126.
A PP11 seems to be a PP9 split internally to give 2 x 4.5. Obviously I'd make a replica using 6x Alkaline AA cells.
The "126" without a B is indeed a 4.5V bell battery and I have seen a transistor set using two of them. I'd obviously do a replica with 3x Alkaline D cells in each.
I think very few battery packs were NOT used! Continental sets often used 2 x 1289 (3R20 now?) as two 4.5V packs with a special clip, or later as 9V instead of the PP9.
I've one set that uses 2x 996 packs for centre tapped 12V. The wires sort of clip on and the batteries slide under a board.
The 126 originally used "E" cells and later they changed to D cells. I think also that the early AD35 might have used E or G but later ones used 2x D in parallel. The 7.5V LT pack and most non-layer HT packs used the same cells as in 1289 (3R20 now?), the "B" cell, which is still made in Zinc.
Old pre 1918 cells still made: AA, B, C, D and F. All in Alkaline and Zinc, though the B and F are only inside packs.
http://www.blaukatz.com/tables/other-batteries/
A PP11 seems to be a PP9 split internally to give 2 x 4.5. Obviously I'd make a replica using 6x Alkaline AA cells.
The "126" without a B is indeed a 4.5V bell battery and I have seen a transistor set using two of them. I'd obviously do a replica with 3x Alkaline D cells in each.
I think very few battery packs were NOT used! Continental sets often used 2 x 1289 (3R20 now?) as two 4.5V packs with a special clip, or later as 9V instead of the PP9.
I've one set that uses 2x 996 packs for centre tapped 12V. The wires sort of clip on and the batteries slide under a board.
The 126 originally used "E" cells and later they changed to D cells. I think also that the early AD35 might have used E or G but later ones used 2x D in parallel. The 7.5V LT pack and most non-layer HT packs used the same cells as in 1289 (3R20 now?), the "B" cell, which is still made in Zinc.
Old pre 1918 cells still made: AA, B, C, D and F. All in Alkaline and Zinc, though the B and F are only inside packs.
http://www.blaukatz.com/tables/other-batteries/







