20-07-2020, 08:33 AM
This is the 126: https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/ever_battery_126.html
I used loads of them when I was a kid.
This is the B126, one of the smaller HT batteries. I remember buying one when I was about 10 (mid 1960s) to experiment with valves.
A few years later I saw a stack of about 10x B126 in series as a low cost supply for photomultipliers. A lot cheaper than a professional EHT regulated PSU and 100% guaranteed free of hum and noise. Not sure what current they could deliver but it wouldn't have been pleasant to get a belt off that.
I used loads of them when I was a kid.
This is the B126, one of the smaller HT batteries. I remember buying one when I was about 10 (mid 1960s) to experiment with valves.
A few years later I saw a stack of about 10x B126 in series as a low cost supply for photomultipliers. A lot cheaper than a professional EHT regulated PSU and 100% guaranteed free of hum and noise. Not sure what current they could deliver but it wouldn't have been pleasant to get a belt off that.
www.borinsky.co.uk Jeffrey Borinsky www.becg.tv







