20-06-2020, 08:25 PM
(20-06-2020, 07:03 PM)Amie Wrote: I'm told that the later sets that are all octal built, all have cord drive tuning, the oscillator coil beneath the chassis like the shortwave equipped 'comfort', also visible screw heads on the front of the set.Only much later ones had the visible screw heads and cord drive, the same as the Model A. Perhaps it only differs in having the 3 way wavechange with off rather than on/off on the volume control of the 5214 and comfort family of sets. There is no doubt that while the A is cost reduced cabinet compared to the 5124, the chassis is more securely mounted and the loop aerial makes more sense. Similar loop on the K and T.
If I run out of stories to write I could make up one schematic to rule them all with helpful hints. Except the G but including A and D.
I'd like an Octal C. Mine is a C/A or C/E, I forget, same relation to a C as the G is to D, a 250mA all B7G set. Punched out for octal.








