13-06-2020, 04:50 PM
Hi All,
I wouldn't try using the desoldering iron for soldering, not least because of its awkward shape. The hollow bit would be a bit odd to work with too.
I found it just fine for double sided boards, ground pads are tricky if you dont get the joint hot enough.
I use it mainly for multi legged components, chips and the like. I usually find the parts will just about drop out after desoldering all the pins.
It does come with tips of various sizes although I would think it will be better on smaller joints rather than things like tag strips and valve bases where there can be a lot of solder.
There a many favourable reviews on utube etc showing the in use, I want disappointed when I got my own.
I'll save up the bad feelings until it breaks - the hot air gun has broken and after buying two replacement heating elements I still haven't got the right one.
Kind regards, David.
I wouldn't try using the desoldering iron for soldering, not least because of its awkward shape. The hollow bit would be a bit odd to work with too.
I found it just fine for double sided boards, ground pads are tricky if you dont get the joint hot enough.
I use it mainly for multi legged components, chips and the like. I usually find the parts will just about drop out after desoldering all the pins.
It does come with tips of various sizes although I would think it will be better on smaller joints rather than things like tag strips and valve bases where there can be a lot of solder.
There a many favourable reviews on utube etc showing the in use, I want disappointed when I got my own.
I'll save up the bad feelings until it breaks - the hot air gun has broken and after buying two replacement heating elements I still haven't got the right one.
Kind regards, David.







