30-05-2020, 12:15 PM
Thanks for all your comments.
Some further investigation has revealed the unit has extra circuitry
not shown on the schematic!
I have traced it out at the bottom of the original and attached it as a post.
The component tests out on my multiple tester (that I found after a long search!)
as a diode with the following data - Uf = 1.53v C = 1.10 Nf
I have also attached a photo of the underside of the unit. This component is hiding
behind the long brown cap part under the chassis rail...which itself sits opposite the
long black cap under the opposite rail.
The extra circuitry comprises two fine cloth covered wires from the transformer - these read
about 4 ohms.
One goes straight to chassis, the other connects to the diode etc as per my drawing.
Is this some sort of safety system as Boater Sam has suggested?
As an aside, what is the purpose of the large gauge wire coils on the input side of
these units?
Thank, Trevor.
Some further investigation has revealed the unit has extra circuitry
not shown on the schematic!
I have traced it out at the bottom of the original and attached it as a post.
The component tests out on my multiple tester (that I found after a long search!)
as a diode with the following data - Uf = 1.53v C = 1.10 Nf
I have also attached a photo of the underside of the unit. This component is hiding
behind the long brown cap part under the chassis rail...which itself sits opposite the
long black cap under the opposite rail.
The extra circuitry comprises two fine cloth covered wires from the transformer - these read
about 4 ohms.
One goes straight to chassis, the other connects to the diode etc as per my drawing.
Is this some sort of safety system as Boater Sam has suggested?
As an aside, what is the purpose of the large gauge wire coils on the input side of
these units?
Thank, Trevor.







