03-11-2019, 11:13 PM
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 11:14 PM by Mike Watterson.)
The lockfits seem to be mechanical stress issues, poor assembly to PCBs.
AF117 etc, too much tin plate inside can.
I've opened Soviet Ge and they looked like silicon planar construction inside. Not point, metal alloy etc. No internal gel like OC glass tube or AF117. I don't think tinned inside either. They are really Germanium going by characteristics.
The Soviet ones are not usually the same vintage, but 10 to 20 years younger. They were still using Ge transistors when the West was entirely using silicon.
AF117 etc, too much tin plate inside can.
I've opened Soviet Ge and they looked like silicon planar construction inside. Not point, metal alloy etc. No internal gel like OC glass tube or AF117. I don't think tinned inside either. They are really Germanium going by characteristics.
The Soviet ones are not usually the same vintage, but 10 to 20 years younger. They were still using Ge transistors when the West was entirely using silicon.







