22-08-2019, 10:13 AM
(21-08-2019, 08:33 PM)Amie Wrote: Hi guys.
Must admit that you lost me about a page ago.
Having spent some time last night with the considerably more complex circuit that Lawrence pointed me to, I must admit to feeling a bit lost myself!
(21-08-2019, 09:16 PM)Amie Wrote: If R5 (2M) is cut, that goes from the AGC diode anode to the junction of the last AM IF and 50K resistor, the sound dies away to nearly nothing
Amie, you are a genius! I think you might have found the answer! However, mistakes on schematics do happen though, thankfully, they are very rare, so I was going to ask you a question: could you carry out the following cold check?
Simply do a resistance check from the junction of R5/R8/C16 to earth. If you get a reading it would suggest that there is another resistor there, which will please Lawrence no end. If not then, as I said, you must have already found the answer.






