31-07-2019, 10:10 PM
Hi all!
Couple of corrections, spell check got at one of my posts,
my uke is a Kala, 20 fret acacia bodied concert model, not a Kuna. My friend Grace bought it from Duke of Uke in London.
Also having seen Lawrence's video links, I will correct myself and say..... I can't play the Gibbo' sitting down!!! (But then I'm no S.R.V. either!). Mum said that Brian Tatler, (Diamondhead) another 'V' owner was also able to play one well, sitting.
Dad played a bit but had damaged his left hand when he was in his teens, he was trying to stop a speeding lump of tarmac hitting his face after he detached from his motorcycle,
his description, not mine. He tried to learn left handed, but unlike Albert King, he restrung his guitars.
Bit tired after the hanging around and the trip, great to see Grace again, been five months. Did see the meteor shower, that was impressive, I am NOT impressed by LA yet, but I was introduced to Kieffer Sutherland in the restaurant where we had lunch today, Grace said I was cool about it, but I really didn't know who he was! Nice guy though. Grace had some part in a show called Designated Survivor, that he starred in, (never heard of that either!)
This poxy phone won't connect up with the WiFi in Grace's "mom's" apartment so roaming charges may well wipe my prepay contract.
We're doing HP world tomorrow. So I hope later I can get some connectivity and I can alienate my few friends at home through jealousy at the photos I intend to send them.
Couple of corrections, spell check got at one of my posts,
my uke is a Kala, 20 fret acacia bodied concert model, not a Kuna. My friend Grace bought it from Duke of Uke in London.Also having seen Lawrence's video links, I will correct myself and say..... I can't play the Gibbo' sitting down!!! (But then I'm no S.R.V. either!). Mum said that Brian Tatler, (Diamondhead) another 'V' owner was also able to play one well, sitting.
Dad played a bit but had damaged his left hand when he was in his teens, he was trying to stop a speeding lump of tarmac hitting his face after he detached from his motorcycle,
his description, not mine. He tried to learn left handed, but unlike Albert King, he restrung his guitars.Bit tired after the hanging around and the trip, great to see Grace again, been five months. Did see the meteor shower, that was impressive, I am NOT impressed by LA yet, but I was introduced to Kieffer Sutherland in the restaurant where we had lunch today, Grace said I was cool about it, but I really didn't know who he was! Nice guy though. Grace had some part in a show called Designated Survivor, that he starred in, (never heard of that either!)
This poxy phone won't connect up with the WiFi in Grace's "mom's" apartment so roaming charges may well wipe my prepay contract.
We're doing HP world tomorrow. So I hope later I can get some connectivity and I can alienate my few friends at home through jealousy at the photos I intend to send them.






