28-07-2019, 03:35 PM
(28-07-2019, 12:26 PM)Amie Wrote: Dad spent some of the early eighties in Kent he told me, and also by chance met a guy who called himself Les Johns, and wrote for that Magazine, as well as other books, he also had a TV and electrical shop there too.
Les Lawry-Johns wrote for Practical Television - as it was then called - for many, many years. His 'Servicing Television Receivers' articles were a godsend for many readers with complete circuit diagrams, lists of common faults, etc., all presented in a clear, concise manner.
His shop was in Gravesend, by the way. I only found out because, as he got older, his articles took an increasingly lighthearted turn and one month he made a reference to the Ferry that ran between Gravesend and Tilbury, not far from where I then lived. Unfortunately I never had the opportunity of meeting him.
I endorse Mike's comments about the text size you are using, by the way!






