27-07-2019, 08:51 PM
Greetings Amy,
When I was even younger I built myself a one or two valve regenerative receiver.
I used to listen to it in bed at night until the early hours.
I was encouraged to use transistors for experiments, which I did, but valves always held a fascination too.
I learned a lot form a book called The Boy Electrician, the radio design was a composite from the receiver in there and one in another book.
see here: https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Arc...Morgan.pdf
I think it is a well known book and there was a much earlier edition. I still have my copy it has a red cover.
I imagine others on the forum will have read it in their youth.
I too was impressed by your writing skills, my wife Jenny studies creative writing and writes short stories for appraisal by peers.
Kind regards, David.
When I was even younger I built myself a one or two valve regenerative receiver.
I used to listen to it in bed at night until the early hours.
I was encouraged to use transistors for experiments, which I did, but valves always held a fascination too.
I learned a lot form a book called The Boy Electrician, the radio design was a composite from the receiver in there and one in another book.
see here: https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Arc...Morgan.pdf
I think it is a well known book and there was a much earlier edition. I still have my copy it has a red cover.
I imagine others on the forum will have read it in their youth.
I too was impressed by your writing skills, my wife Jenny studies creative writing and writes short stories for appraisal by peers.
Kind regards, David.







