25-03-2019, 08:53 PM
(25-03-2019, 06:33 PM)ppppenguin Wrote:(25-03-2019, 05:58 PM)Murphyv310 Wrote: Cut pin 4 off the UL41 with a Dremel and still use the base as an anchor point.... Job done!
I'm a little unhappy about this as it could stress the glass/metal seal. However if you've done it several times without trouble I'll be happier.
Don't cut it off with side cutters as that will definitely stress the seal.
Done a few over the years Jeffrey. As you rightly say side cutters are a no no. When I do it with the Dremel I do it in stages and hold the valve in foam rubber in a heavy glass jar for stability. A very fine nosed pliers are used at the pin right up at the glass to hold the valve at the pin and not the glass, a couple of goes with the fine cutting disc and all is well. Any I have done clear the connection in base with ease and I haven't had a failure of the seal..... yet!






