23-03-2019, 11:29 PM
(23-03-2019, 10:16 PM)Murphyv310 Wrote: Hi.
There is a point to that Lawrence but any beginner really should be working on a simpler set that doesn't require a major strip down to gain access to replace caps. Can you imagine the mess some people would get into working on an inaccessible set and doing a blanket component change? Some experienced engineers landed in trouble with blanket changes, I'm sure you are quite aware of that!
I am afraid I stick to my guns with cap replacement unless you are experienced and even then any of us can land up in trouble, none of us are perfect and I make mistakes like anyone else does. Best to fix the mistake when youv'e done it rather than later and its a problem to find.
You get my vote there T, sorry Lawrence but still think that just changing any part just because you can is not fault finding or professional.
I bow sometimes to your all encompassing knowledge of the world and the universe but for beginners it needs to be simple and correct.
Else they learn nothing and get into a muck sweat and chuck it out.
Boater Sam.







