05-02-2019, 06:33 PM
Hi Andy,
you can use the Arduino Nano instead of the Mini pro. The difference between the two is that the Mini pro does not have a USB port for programming. In order to program it you need a programming adapter that essentially is identical to the parts that were left out on the smaller Mini pros board i.e. the USB to serial interface chip and associated components. As these are only needed for programming the device I thought the Mini is more efficient as it will only need to be programmed once in my application.
When you use the Nano you just need to connect the DDS module to the same ports as per the circuit diagram and it should work just fine. I just flashed my code into a Nano I had at hand and it took it with no issues.
Happy experimenting
Semir
you can use the Arduino Nano instead of the Mini pro. The difference between the two is that the Mini pro does not have a USB port for programming. In order to program it you need a programming adapter that essentially is identical to the parts that were left out on the smaller Mini pros board i.e. the USB to serial interface chip and associated components. As these are only needed for programming the device I thought the Mini is more efficient as it will only need to be programmed once in my application.
When you use the Nano you just need to connect the DDS module to the same ports as per the circuit diagram and it should work just fine. I just flashed my code into a Nano I had at hand and it took it with no issues.
Happy experimenting
Semir







